Defective Devices –
Common defective medical devices include:
- Pacemakers that stopped or failed to keep a proper heart rhythm.
- Any malfunctioning device, such as a pain pump or insulin pump.
- Heart valve implants that leak or break, resulting in repeated surgeries or death.
- Infections caused by improperly made or non-sterilized device.
- Defective Drugs -A defective drug is a prescription or over-the-counter medication that causes physical, psychological or emotional injury. These injuries may be a result of a defect in the drug, or because of incomplete labeling or insufficient warnings. Defective drugs can be either over-the-counter medications or prescription drugs.