- HG: Criminal Law – Links to criminal code for all 50 states. Also links to international resources, articles, and other information.
- Penal Law – Comprehensive online digest of American criminal law. Links to statutes, cases, and analysis.
- Theories of Criminal Law – Excellent essay from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Types of crimes
- HG: White Collar Crime – Guide to white collar crime from Hieros Gamos.
- Drunkdrivingdefense.com – Links to DUI/DWI laws for all 50 states. Also links to information on breath testing, field sobriety tests, car accidents, alcoholism, and more.
- State Controlled Substance Acts – Links to drug laws of all 50 states.
- Gunlaws.com – Links to gun laws for all 50 states. Also links to gun advocacy groups.
- ABA Commission on Domestic Violence – Referrals to local shelters, news, research, and more.
- PoliceOne – Comprehensive site for law enforcement information. Links to Police Products (articles and reviews of law enforcement equipment) as well as Research Topics (e.g., terrorism, SWAT, gangs, and evidence collection).
- Officer.com – News, features, forums, and more. The law center links to statutes, regulations, and more (e.g., office of the attorney general) for all 50 states.
- Forensic Science Resources – Bibliography and reference guide to forensic science evidence.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service – Comprehensive directory of information on corrections, courts, crime prevention, drugs, juvenile justice, and more.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics – Gateway for statistics and analysis of U.S. crime and punishment.
- Wrongful Conviction and Innocence Projects – Links to innocence project reports, legislation, case profiles, bibliographies, and more.
- Criminal Defense Lawyer – Links to general and state-specific criminal defense resources.
- Crimelynx – Huge collection of links for legal research, forensics, experts, investigations, public policy, and more.
- Practitioner’s Corner – Hundreds of links for the defense practitioner, organized by topic.
- Death Penalty Information Center – Comprehensive resource for death penalty facts and discussion, including state-by-state information.
- WebWatch: Capital Punishment – Article that lists and discusses over 15 death penalty-related web sites.
- 1000+ Death Penalty Links – Annotated links ranging from the general (Public Opinion) to the specific (Karla Faye Tucker) to the bizarre (Death Penalty Humor and Curiosity).
- CrimLaw – General criminal law blog.
- CrimProf Blog – Written by professor of criminal law.
- Judging Crimes – Blog about criminal law, violent crimes, and the judiciary.
- Sentencing Law and Policy – Links to U.S. and state sentencing commissions, as well as justice and death penalty sites.
- Letter of Apology – Focuses on white collar crime issues.
Associations & agencies
- Drug Enforcement Administration – Links to federal drug statutes and penalties, as well as the schedules used in determining charges. Other links include legislative resources, publications, and an encyclopedia of drug information.
- U.S. Department of Justice – Regulations, publications, documents, and more from the USDOJ.
- National Association of Attorneys General – Links to information about all 50 state attorneys general.
- National Criminal Justice Association – Publications and resources about criminal justice.
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association – Civil resources, defender resources, advocacy information, and more.
Journals, news & articles
- American Criminal Law Review – Georgetown University’s oft-cited law review. Lists articles published in each issue, though they are not in full text.
- The Advocate – Journal of criminal justice education and research. Full text archives back to 1978.
- CNN – Legal and crime-related news from CNN.
- Crime Time – Links to high-quality blogs and news sources pertaining to criminal law.