- Intellectual Property Law Server – Has three main pages: patent, copyright, and trademark. Links, substantive articles, and discussion forums available for all three topics.
- IP Mall – Hosted by Franklin Pierce Law Center. In addition to the big 3 (copyright, patents, and trademarks), links to information about licensing, trade secrets, technology transfer, and other sub-topics.
- Bitlaw – Comprehensive resource on technology law, including computer software and Internet law. Links to forms and sample contracts.
- KuesterLaw – Reportedly the most linked-to intellectual property site on the Internet.
- Copyright Website – Analyzes dozens of copyright infringement cases. Links to information on music, movies, and photography (unlike other sites).
- Contemporary Intellectual Property, Licensing & Information Law – Blog by Raymond Nimmer, the world’s expert on IP law.
- Nolo’s Patent, Copyright, & Trademark Blog – Links to dozens more excellent IP blogs.
- IP Law Blog – Links to archive of articles since 2002.
- IP Litigation Blog – Focuses on copyright and patent lawsuits.
- IP:Jur – Focuses on European IP law.
Associations & agencies
- World Intellectual Property Organization – Includes database of world intellectual property laws.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – Links to amicus briefs, topical areas, legislation and testimony, and more.
- Association of Research Libraries – Links to a number of IP policies, discussion, and research.
- Creative Commons – Organization devoted to helping creators develop and appropriately control their work. Links to videos, comics, licenses, software, and more.
- U.S. Copyright Office – Links to copyright laws, publications, and reports. Also makes available U.S. copyright records for searching.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office – Search and retrieve full text and images of U.S. patents back to 1790. Trademark records also searchable.
Journals, news & articles
- Berkeley Technology Law Journal – Full-text articles back to 2002.
- Columbia Science & Technology Law Review – Full-text articles back to 2000.
- Harvard Journal of Law & Technology – Full-text articles back to 1988. Also links to JOLT Digest, which has short articles and full-text court opinions.
- Richmond Journal of Law & Technology – An exclusively online law review.
- IP Law 360 – 24-hour newswire covering IP law, policy, and litigation.
- IP Law Practice Center – IP-related news from Law.com.