Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
FCC Votes to End Net Neutrality
Most people can agree that the internet is playing an increasingly important role in our everyday li…Read More 03 Jan 2018, Wednesday
Merry Christmas From GetLegal
…Read More 22 Dec 2017, Friday
Defamation: What You Need to Know
With the rise of social media, there is no longer a traditional “reasonable expectation of privacy…Read More 15 Dec 2017, Friday